Here’s the drill, I’m sitting in my corner, minding my own business and every once in a while someone from my contact list (usually someone that never speaks to me) pops up and starts screaming for help because he/she cant do something or is having some problem on ze computah, so here are some rules if you happen to be that type of person:
- Use google
- Use google
- Use google, am I clear enough? It is very possible that I don’t know the answer to your problem because a) there are an infinite number of possible computer problems (^2 if you’re using windows) and guess what, I don’t have the answer for most of them; b) I was going to use google to help you anyway, so cut the middle man, please!
- Think for 5 seconds before asking something, it’s possible (I’d say about 90%) of the times that the answer is right in front of you, oh and guess what, you know that â€œHelpâ€ menu in the toolbar? It’s actually there to help! Amazing isn’t it?
- Don’t assume that I know every little thing there is about every single crappy application that came bundled with your machine
- Remember that working with computers is what I do for a living, and it’s nice to get out of character sometimes
- If your line after â€œhelloâ€ is â€œHey, I have this computer problemâ€ then don’t even bother saying anything to me, except If you’re my best friend or my mom or something
Thanks for listening!
Ps: I’m not an angry person… :P, I’m just…. tired!