In case you didn’t know there’s this conference being held in Lisbon (that is of course, the most beautiful city in the world) next week called SHiFT.
The conference spans trough 3 days of workshops and talks, with the present of Brian Suda, Andy Budd, Tara Hunt, Stowe Boyd and many others.
The focus will be on the impact of technology in subjects like Education, History, Genetics, Economics, Accessibility, Transportation, Mobile Technologies, User Experience, Energy and Architecture, Art and Open Technologies.
I’ll be attending the whole three days and I’m really excited since this is my first conference on this subject. If you’re interested I have a discount coupon that will give you 20% off on the ticket price: adrift6b8b2e8a.
- How I Stole Someone’s Identity – scary read, make sure you’re not sharing too much personal details on your web footprint
- Gmail account hacking tool – Be careful if you use Gmail in public places
- What Makes for a Good Blog? – Merlin Mann points some ideias for better blogging, there’s one that stands out: content focus, something that seems to lack in this space
- CD turns 26 and it still won’t die – I don’t buy cds any more, but I still keep a few shelves full of the stuff, most of if remains to be converted in to mp3 (or other suitable format), I should hire a monkey to do that
- StopTheManga! – express your disgust against the avatars created at FaceYourMaga.com, they don’t even look like manga characters in the first place!
James Watson, a Nobel Prize winner for his part in discovering the structure of DNA, has provoked outrage with his comments, made ahead of his arrival in Britain today.(…)
The 79-year-old geneticist said he was â€œinherently gloomy about the prospect of Africaâ€ because â€œall our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours – whereas all the testing says not really.”. He said he hoped that everyone was equal, but countered that â€œpeople who have to deal with black employees find this not trueâ€.(…)
He has been reported in the past saying that a woman should have the right to abort her unborn child if tests could determine it would be homosexual.
Living proof of someone who can be a scientific genius but a moron regarding social behaviour. He has the brains to discover DNA, but apparently it isn’t enough to keep his racist and homophobic comments to himself. Maybe it’s just the age kicking in, but still could be avoided.